Monday, March 22, 2010

What's in a name?

Over the past few months I have been challenged to pray using the names of God. The more I study the names of God and call out to Him by these names the more I see how BIG and MAGNIFICENT He is. The more I learn about His character.

My journey with Mercy Ships has helped me to learn about God as a provider in ways I could never have imagined. This past week I received another lesson in faith.

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned the Auction of Dreams that the Mercy Ships Academy had on the ship to raise funds to attend a teacher's conference in Kenya. We arranged the auction without knowing how much we should or could expect to raise. The auction surpassed all our expectations. We still needed to raise between $2 000 and $3 000. Before we knew it, the money had come in. Thanks to the generosity of the crew and our supporters.

In one week, we needed to raise $7, 500. And in one week our Jehovah Jireh provided!

No comments:

Post a Comment