Thursday, February 26, 2009

God has a sense of humour

So, if you had told me this time last year that I would be teaching on a hospital ship I probably would of laughed at you.

But God has a sense of humour, I suppose.

After hearing about Mercy Ships early last year, I decided to trade-in my job as a Grade Three teacher at a school in Cape Town, for a teaching post on the Africa Mercy.

Just the fact that I am on the ship is a testimony to God's power and faithfulness. I faced various financial and medical obstacles before leaving but God used these to reveal more of Himself to me.

I arrived in Tenerife in January and started teaching the Grade Three and Four class (a grand total of six students) three days later. These kids are amazing. They have a faith unlike any that I have seen in kids who lead 'normal' lives. They are so grateful for what they have and are so willing to give to those in need. Yet, they remain children - laughing at silly jokes and finding creative ways to avoid work.

I have created this blog to share my experience of Mercy Ships and God. I promise to keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Estelle. Thank you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us. I'm not as brave as you.. brave to follow God wherever He leads.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete